Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 10 - Show me your Flash

Assignment 2: Artist statement
November 3, 2010
For this assignment, I choose to go with a rabbit because of those “Travellers Insurance” commercials where the rabbit laughs at the rattle snake with the baby rattle.  So I knew I wanted to do something with a rabbit from the jump.  With the UFO, when I started my assignment and they were observing me creating the background, someone just suggested that a UFO would go perfect in that setting.  So I took the idea and ran with it.  Throughout the assignment I used a lot of different layers for the elements I had go into the project.  As well, I used a lot of classic tweening with my symbol/graphics to create the actual movement for my animation.  I also wanted to add a little element to the assignment where someone going through the movie had an opportunity to choose what they wanted to see, with my little joke inserted as well.  Coming from someone who did not have any prior experience with Flash and found a hard time grasping the concept of using the tools of the program, it was not that bad like I had originally thought it would be.  Once I understood what the purpose of each tool sand with a little practice I was able to run with Flash I using simple elements.  Overall, I enjoyed the experience of creating my movie, considering I had a hard time in the beginning of the Flash tutorials.
One of the things that i learned about Flash while doing this assignment is that to create something so short is very time consuming.  Also, the program is quite meticulous so if you make a mistake in putting the animation together everything will just get messed up.  From seeing the different kinds of projects that my colleagues had produced showed me that Flash is a very extensive program with a great range of options that someone is able to utilize.   

No comments:

Post a Comment