Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 12 - Farewell, fond friend

When I first got an idea of what I was going to be doing in this course, I got a little scared because a lot of this material was new to me, I thought that this technology would be difficult for me to comprehend.  After a while, once I started to get comfortable, and really take in the tutorials that we were presented in class that is when I felt I really started to pick up on how each program actually works.  I must say that this was an enjoyable experience for me to learn these new skills and be able to apply them into something creative and fun.  What really helped me in the course was the tutorials and being able to go back to them on my own time to try and grasp what I was not able to learn in class time.  As well, during the labs just for the fact that the instructors were there and willing to guide you through the process whenever someone needed help was a big factor in helping me get by.  What I think needs to be changed is in the labs where you have the students get into tutorial that is given to us earlier in the period.  The way this course changed me is that I learned that I’m quite capable of some great things if I work at it.  Also, I’m a little less intimidated by the new technology that we use.  I realize like almost anything else it will take a little bit of a learning curve in order to get it.  The most important lesson I’m leaving this course with is patience and hard work.  Previous to this course I had never done anything like this, so I really had to learn on the fly.  These two qualities help me get by considering that I had to take my time to learn the material first of all and I had to put in the time to put things together considering the time frame it usually takes for someone to put these projects together .

No comments:

Post a Comment